Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stage for 100 pounds.. possible?

Feels like a long time since i last posted something.

Been really busy with submissions and what not so I didn't have the time to write anything.
And all those while great ideas of things in the world that i would like to comment on came to mind . Would have had four or five nice ones.

But as life in the real world is more important... all i did was take mental notes, thinking to myself "id write about that after the submission!". Well, submissions over and i seem to have misplaced my mental notes. Arghhhh!!

Well, im just gonna bash out what ive been up to this last few weeks...

WARNING : If your hoping to read something insightful or great by any means, Stop here.
This post is just me blabbering about myself for myself.


Its not enough that i have design work and a dissertation ... i also got myself involved with KNUKE. A young enterprise that brings Malaysian bands to perform in the UK.

I know its called an ENTERPRISE, but the going ons of it in the UK runs more like a student society. Everyone does the work for free and in some cases even puts out their own cash. Since it runs like a student society, we are dead broke in funds.

There's gonna be this band called 'Couple' coming to perform in Manchester in March and im in charge of stage design and hall design. Decided id take it up to add more variety to my portfolio, and its always nice doing something real for a change.

I am tasked to bring the stage and the hall to a proper level of gig. Its a massive hall by the way - It fits a crowd of 500. The project manager comes to me with his dreams of what the gig should be like. He tells me of how he wants a press conference area, VIP area in the hall, an area where the TV company can set up their cameras to shoot the event and a nice stage with backdrops and lights.

To be honest, with a budget of a hundred pounds.. and an average delivery cost of 50 pounds..ive only got enough money to get basic lights for the stage..

would be interesting to see what i could come up with tho..








No comments:

Post a Comment