Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why do i think all the time?



I already know that i think a lot all the time. I would question everything.

Then one day.. i found myself thinking of ;
"why do i think all the time?".

I figured that the best way for me to figure it out is to map out my thinking process.
Thus, I had to track my thoughts every step of the way.
and this is how it goes...

[Experiment to test the way that i think:]

Stage 1 [test a scenario]

for example,
If I hear someone say "is that a fish?",
with my natural tendencies to want to know things and my scientific way of thinking ...

my brain would go to this imaginary cabinet of data and look for the letter "f".
Scroll through all the animal list and find the folder 'fish'.
my brain would then look up all things i know about fish.

Find something i dont know...
Then It would trigger the reaction question; "how can I figure this thing out."

Then I would plan an experiment..figuring each step in detail.
(got forbids, there's something about the experiment that i don't know.. and my brain would try to figure that out... and come back to the fish later)

So after i figure out in detail the appropriate experiment to test this thing about 'fish' that is unknown to me. My brain would simulate the experiment mentally and then provide me with the most logical answer.

Stage 2

My mind would then drift to a random-but-connected issue.. such as:
"what if this new discovery, of this thing about 'fish', would change the world?"


then the process to answer my second question would be:

..........................." test if people will still eat fish knowing what I have just discovered"
.........or............. "test if fish might be produced in a different way to be able to feed the poor"
.......or.............. "test if fish might be made into rocket fuel" etc etc

..then after I've figure out the appropriate thing to test ... my brain would simulate the test. Mister Brain of mine could then , provide me the answer to the question:
"what if this discovery, of this thing about 'fish', would change the world?"

Stage 3

My mind will then lead me to the next random-but-connected question. Which will lead to the next random-but-connected question, to the next, then the next and so on.

Stage 4 [conclusion]

So, with this path of natural thinking i have. I would never run out of questions until I've figure out everything there is to find out in the world. There is still the possibility that one of my mental experiments is flawed too. So i can never have nothing to wonder about.

[experiment concluded]


So u see guys... thats what i found out when i was thingking of:
'Why do i think all the time?'.

Well, Thats just how my mind works; A series of random-but-connected question that never ends. So, the answer to my question"why do i think all the time?"is:

" Because I love to find out about everything"



Therefore, I would always tend to space out. But the speed at which this process of
"Question-Experiment-Imagined Answer-New Question" cycles through my head is so fast, that if someone were to ask me "what are you thinking about?"

The answer i would give that person would most definitely sound like the most random thing. When it is in fact a highly organised step-by-step thinking process.

p.s
Its hard for me to finish this posting particularly. Because the questions keep coming. Such as:
"why did i imagine a cabinet of data?"
"what are the implications of my thinking process towards the way i interact with the world?"
"what are the implications of my thinking process towards the way i interact with people?"
"How does other people think? The same process as myself?"
"Am I thinking so much?"

So i better just end it before i go crazy (-_-")
I should probably make a PhD report out of this.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha... interesting... never thought of 'the process' only Curious geniuses wud do.. lol...

    Adam patut amik phsycology.. ;p get to know human reaction n cultural issue,,,what do they call it...ada chana's lecturer amik... like studies in society thinking..

    keep up the blog~ tak sangka ur the one active with blogging now since u said u don't want to... bloging is a diary..u rite what u want...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh.. my new post on 'the system' is actually part of the 'thinking about thinking' question

    ReplyDelete